Absolute Precision - The Power-IMU
Inclination sensors are now standard components in mobile applications. GEMAC as a longtime specialist for inclination and inertial sensors now launches the new product family of high-precision dynamic inclination sensors: the GEMAC Motus®.
The new system enables 6-axis motion detection based on raw data acquisition for acceleration (3-axis) and rotation rate (3-axis). In the sensor, high-precision data processing is performing using a complex sensor fusion algorithm developed by GEMAC. This algorithm combines and expands the complementary filter and the Kalman filter to take advantage of both methods and compensate for the disadvantages. Integrated sensor fusion filters help to calculate orientation by suppressing external accelerations.
The GEMAC Motus® offers a decisive advantage. In addition to the raw data for acceleration and rotation rate, internally calculated values such as tilt or rotation angle can be output in different axes. So, that in the future, deviations can be detected even faster and analyzed more precisely. Also, both static and dynamic accuracy are significantly improved compared to the existing sensors.
Due to the internal combination and calculation of all measured values, one measuring system only can be integrated instead of having several.
GEMAC Motus® stands for the highest performance in high-precision acquisition and digitization of movements to ensure maximum safety when using mobile machinery. Design and functionality also ensure ultimate durability and economy. That makes the GEMAC Motus® the world’s first power-IMU for mobile power machines.
These features make the GEMAC-Motus® the Power-IMU.
- Highest precision and safety by significantly improving the static and dynamic accuracy of the measurement
- Increase of the measuring speed by calculation already in the measuring unit (6-axis sensor fusion algorithm)
- Effective suppression of external accelerations
- An additional output of raw data possible
- Sturdy full metal zinc die-cast housing
- Lowest power consumption from 0.29W (digital interfaces)
- Most extensive power supply range 7.5 V … 36 V (digital interfaces)
- Lowest temperature coefficient
- Saves space at the machine by eliminating other sensors
- Highest durability through reduction of components
- Highest economic efficiency through lower costs for sensor technology
- Reduced integration effort
The GEMAC Motus® is available in 29 variants.
|Inclination sensors||GEMAC Motus® NB and NC||20 Variants|
|Sensors for acceleration and rotation rate||GEMAC Motus® IB||3 Variants|
|Sensors for inclination, acceleration, and rotation rate||GEMAC Motus® XB and XC||6 Variants|
For details, please refer to the datasheet or the manual (look at the download page).